Again Aloo-Gobhi is probably one of the most favorite of all Sabji’s both in restaurants as well as in homes. Typically a winter produce, cauliflowers are very versatile. A great thing to saute, boil, fry or puree, it is always a beautiful flavor. We love our gobhi paranthas, gobhi pakora, gobhi masala moreover even the little Chinese version Gobhi Manchurian is so popular. So let’s see here the most simple recipes of Cauliflower.
- 1 medium cauliflower rinsed and cut in florets
- 1 medium sized potatoes sliced in wedges
- 1 onion fine diced
- A little piece of ginger finely chopped or grated or crushed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- a few coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- salt as required
- In a Deep frying pan heat mustard oil.
- Lower the flame and add the potato wedges.
- Sauté them on a low flame for a nice golden crust. We are trying to extract the flavours of potato
- Add Onions stir a couple of times till both onion and potatoes are golden.
- Add cumin and turmeric. Now add cauliflower and saute.
- Sprinkle salt and stir
- Add chopped ginger and cover the pan with a tight lid to let the veggies cook on a low flame for 5 minutes till soft.
- Now add — red chili powder, coriander powder. Toss again very well, so that the spices are mixed uniformly in the sabzi and coat the veggies also evenly.
- If you like add chopped tomatoes — let it cook in open pan for another 3 to 4 minutes
Serve hot with Rice and Daal.
Cook Fresh Eat Healthy!