Mater Paneer or Paneer with fresh peas
Paneer Masala is one of the most easy and simplest Recipe made from paneer. The recipe can have many variations like what you will find in my post of Chandni Paneer or Cashew based paneer masaala and many more. Fresh peas are seasonal to the recipe and it can be enjoyed with peas too when peas are not in season. Try it anyways.
- 250 paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 medium sized onions
- 1 large tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Ginger 1 inch pieces
- Powdered spices 1/4 tsp Turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp green coriander powder
- Whole spices mix (not to be grounded)- 4 cloves,6 black pepper,1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds,2 green cardamom,1 inch of cinnamon stick,2 bay leaves
- ½ to ¾ cup water
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil or ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup of green fresh peas
- A few chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt as required
1. In a blender puree onions + tomatoes + Garlic + Ginger.
2. In a pan heat oil or ghee. Add the all whole spices, then add pureed onions, tomatoes ginger garlic mix into this hot oil. Add turmeric, red Chili powder,coriander powder.
Stir well and continue to sauté till you see oil leaving the sides of the masala, which will take about 8-10 mins on a low flame, keep stirring in between.
5. Add salt, add paneer cubes and peas, stir gently.
6. Add a little water to dilute the sauce The sauce can be diluted with Coconut milk which is your preference
7. Simmer till the sauce is well cooked for about 4 to 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve paneer curry with rotis, naan, steamed rice or jeera rice.