Longing to get back with recipes but can’t find enough time to manage everything. My classes along with family and blogging too. Trying to stretch and fit in all, but sometimes things take a back seat and its my recipe posts that gets the last place (sadly…) . But now its front seat again and sharing with you which I promised to my guests long back. I find Koftas as very interesting way of eating different kind of ingredients and I love the texture ( ofcourse because it is fried Ha!HA!)
Today, I will share a ingredient that my mother loves a lot, the red Turnips or as we say Shalgam It has a distinctive taste & aroma and we will utilize that quality in this kofta recipe. I do Vegetarian Kebabs with it too and it’s a perfect Vegan option for Meat kebabs ( as texture) but I will share that recipe later.
- 2 Fresh Shalgam /Red Turnips (peeled and boiled to soft)
- 1 potato (boiled)
- 1 fresh fine chopped chili
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour (besan) – Lightly roasted
- Mash all the ingredients above to a soft dough.
- Make round kofta balls or oval shape, preferably small
- Fry and keep aside to be added in the masala sauce.
Make the masala sauce like this https://payalscookingschool.in/2018/04/01/masala-sauce-1/
Now once the sauce is ready, add the koftas and a little water and simmer on low flame for a couple of minutes
Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve with Rice Pulav or Chapati or better Parantha