Today, my kids got up and said they want to have burgers. And when the order comes from home-bound kids, all you have as a choice is, to say YES!! Well I looked up and found no fancy veggies in the fridge. So, all I could promise was a veggie delight and here it is.
Now let’s take down the ingredients. Out of the below portion, I made 4 full sized burger patties and the left portion I turned into veggie Fingers
1 small carrot
2 medium onions
A small peice of cabbage
A small piece of bottle gourd / use pumpkin
1 tsp Garlic-ginger paste
1 tsp chilli pepper
1 tsp of Pav Bhaji masala / alternatively use Garam masala
1tbsp of tomato paste
- Clean and cut the veggies (cabbage, potato, carrot, gourd, and 1 onion)
- Boil till soft.
- Strain and cool them down
- Puree it.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Fine chop onion and saute till golden brown
- Add Ginger garlic paste
- Add all powdered spices
- Now immediately add the purée
- Cook on medium heat, while stirring
- Add tomato paste, stir till you get a thick mash.
- Transfer onto a plate.
- Add breadcrumbs and turn into small round patties
- Shallow fry and make your own veggie delight burger
Note: Pav Bhaji Masala is available on all indian grocery stores. It’s a pre mix and gives a beautiful aroma and kick in flavors. If you can’t find, message me I will share all spices to make your own mix.