Bread Rolls as popularly known in India is again a simple & tasty treat. Good for times when kids are super hungry on odd times. I do it in our Homestay Breakfast menu. It has the favorite combination bread and potato. This is my childhood favorite and every time I make them I enjoy them as much as I did the first time. A great lunch for school kids. Serve it hot or eat it at room temperature it is always good.
Lets see what we need for this quick snack.
I took following proportion of ingredient and made around 10 bread rolls:
Fresh Bread Slices (sandwich bread)
4 Medium potatoes (boiled and peeled)
1 medium onion (fine chopped)
1 tsp fine chopped ginger (if you don’t have it today, use ginger powder instead)
few leaves of fresh Mint
1 tsp of whole coriander seeds
1/2 tsp of chilli pepper
1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp of dry mint leaves (crushed into powder)
1 tsp Salt
1 cup of cold milk
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add coriander seeds
- Immediately add the chopped onion and ginger
- Saute till nice and brown
Mash the Potatoes, add all the spices and salt and mix mint leaves.
- Once the onions are nice golden switch off the fire and add the potato mix into the pan.
- Just mix well everything and leave it aside.
Now trim the edges of the bread slices
- Dip each slice in milk very carefully and take it in your palm
- Now very carefully with your other palm squeeze extra milk, flattening the bread slice gently.
- take little potato mix and put in the center of the slice (keep the slice all the time in your palm)
- Now fold the slice like in the pictures above, pressing and squeezing gently in between your hands.
- Complete all the slices like this.
- Heat Oil and fry each rolls one by one
Enjoy with a Cuppa of Tea or Coffee.