Summer Holidays in India has begun and of course all the mummies need to be ready with many many recipes in hand to feed the kids. As kids staying at home all the time means, lots of play and lot of munching. So lets try this simple yet delectable snack for the entire family.
The recipe is a contribution of my dear friend Yamini.
Ingredients for the balls:
- Three boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- Some fine chopped coriander leaves
- One green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp bread crumb
- Salt to taste
- Dices of Amul Cheese – Cubes, 200g Pack“>cheese cubes
For the Batter :
- 2-3 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- some bread crumb for coating
- oil for frying.
- At first peel the boiled potatoes and mash well till smooth.
- Then mix all the ingredients for the balls in a mixing bowl.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and flatten it, now carefully place a cheese cube into it and fold it like a dumpling. Be careful to cover the cheese cube completely.
- Roll it well. Follow the same process to make all nuggets.
To make smooth batter mix the batter ingredients with little water. Make sure the batter should not too thin or too thick.
Now spread the bread crumb on a plate—dip the nuggets into the batter mixture and immediately coat it with bread crumbs. Follow the same process with all the nuggets. Preferably, keep this tray to chill for about 20 minutes to set the bread crumb.
To fry the nuggets, heat enough oil in a Kadhai or heat the fryer.
Fry the nuggets a few at a time to avoid the risk of breaking up the pieces. Give it medium heat till golden brown. Always test one piece to check if it is splitting or any other issue. Once you are happy then fry all one by one.
Take them out from the pan and place them on the tissue paper.
Here you are, serve this super tasty & crispy Potato nuggets to your friends! family!
Enjoy your Day!