Kashifal Ki Sabji
Kashifal -the sweet golden pumpkins of India are of two types, first being raw and second fully riped, both types of kashifal is prepared exactly by same method. If you are preparing the raw one then be careful with salt as well as no water is required, as the raw one already has lot of water. With a mature and ripe ones less sugar needed to added. The method of cooking this vegetable is very easy and quick. For a portion of two, I have taken following ingredients:
Pumpkin 250 gm peeled and cut into chunks.
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
a pinch of Heeng (asafoetida)
Half a chilli fine chopped
1 or 2 Red Dry Chillis
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
and 1 tsp of sugar
Optional flavor is Curry leaves (fresh)
1 tbsp Mustard oil or 1 tbsp Ghee
- put oil / ghee in khadhai and let it get hot.
- Then add a pinch hing , fenugreek and mustard seeds
- Add red, green chillies and curry leaves too
- Add turmeric and immediately add kashifal (pumpkin pieces) into kadhai and stir
- Add salt and a little of chilli powder, cover it with a lid and let is simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the veggie is a bit tender then add sugar and ½ tbsp. mango powder.
- Stir it well and transfer in another bowl for preventing over cooking
Best served with Parantha or Puri.
I would vote for Puri (check this link for recipe of Puri)
Cook and Enjoy it now.