A quick way of making Parantha – the flat bread of India. Consumed every day in every home and always cooked fresh from the scratch makes it the best meal. The variation for making paranthas is un-countable. As many people-as many varieties of paranthas can be made.
This is my favorite and even a favorite during breakfast in our Homestay.
Just gather all ingredients
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- less than 1 cup of besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 large onion (finely grated)
- 1 medium green chilli (finely diced)
- Few fresh leaves of mint (as many as you like, I love loads)
- 1/2 tsp Dry mint leaf spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Roasted cumin
- 1/2 Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- Water to make the dough
- Ghee to
Mix all ingredients as shown above to make a soft yet firm dough. Take a small piece of the dough to make a ball (not like the size of a Tennis ball, smaller than that). Just follow the Pictures to make a Parantha. Use Ghee to cook the parantha.
Enjoy with Pickles and Chai.