Veg Pulav-Spiced Rice with mix veggies
A foolproof-quick recipe. You will always achieve a great result.
- 1 cup of long grain basmati rice.
- 1 medium sized carrot (diced)
- ½ cup of diced cauliflower
- ½ cup of green peas
- 1 small potato diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped(optional).
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp ghee or 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- whole spices Garam Masala 1 tsp cumin seeds, 4 to 5 whole black pepper, 1 bay leaf, 2-3 cloves, 2 to 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 2 single strands of mace (javitri), 1 small star anise, 1 inch cinnamon.
- Rinse and soak rice. Rinsing the rice couple of times will take its starch off.
- In a deep thick bottomed pot or frying pan or Kadai, heat ghee/oil and fry all the whole spices mentioned above, 5 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute them till golden,
- add the ginger and all the veggies and saute again for 2-3 minutes on a low flame
- Add drained rice and saute gently for 2 minutes on a low flame, so that the rice gets well coated with the HOT oil, Add salt and mix gently.
- Pour Water.
- Let it come to a boil on high flame. Then simmer the flame and cover tightly and let the rice cook on a low flame, till the water is absorbed and the rice is well cooked (5-7 minutes).
Always let the rice stand for 5-10 minutes before it is served