CASHEW POTATO CURRY
This is a simple Aloo-Kaju masala that will go with Puri or Pulav. It can be a great addition to your party buffet. Its vegan and looks spectacular and tasty. I am sure you will enjoy making it.
|Ingredients ( for 4 pax )|
|Cashew nuts||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Green Peas (optional)||2 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||¼ tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Green chillies (optional)||2|
|Coconut Milk||½ cup|
|Curry leaves (optional)||1 sprig|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water, preferably for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Boil cashew nuts, potatoes with diluted coconut milk till potatoes are half done.
- In a bowl make a paste of red chillies, coriander, turmeric and ground cumin.
- Blend onions,slit green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Immediately add the onion paste.
- Add ground spices paste and Cook on LOW HEAT till the sauce is uniform and oil separates. (approximately 5-8 minutes)
- Add cooked potatoes and cashew, add salt. saute for 2-3 minutes to brown the ingredients. The process will leave a darkish color to the dish.
- Add fresh peas then add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes, till you achieve a creamy gravy. check for seasoning, check potatoes are completely done.
- Garnish with chopped fresh corriander and remove.
Serve with Vegetable Pulav rice
N.B. Instead of potatoes, mushrooms may be used.
Instead of coconut milk, regular milk can be used to