As every new thing has to start with sweet, hence the first recipe has to be a Mithai- a dessert. The following recipe we do in our classes most often as it is made with a all season vegetable called Bottle Gourd -Lauki.
This green long courgette style vegetable is sold in all over India. Very versatile in its form, it can be transformed into refined dishes like Lauki Ka Kofta or you can make even desserts like here.
- Bottle Gourd — 450 gm / if you want then 1 cup
- Milk — 500 liter / 1 cup
- Sugar — 350 gm / or 1/2 cup
- Ghee — 100 gm / 1 tbsp
- Cardamoms — few pods in ground form
- Grated Dry Coconut — 1 tbsp
please either follow cup and tbsp measurement or follow liter-gm measurement.
- Peel and grate gourd
- Add in a thick base pan, add milk and start boiling on a medium low heat
- Cook till all moisture is dried up. Be cautious not letting it stick at the base.
- Add ghee and sugar. Add half coconut and cook further till sugar is absorbed properly and the texture is back to dry stage.
- Sprinkle ground cardamom and mix
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with grated coconut.
Can be served hot as well as chilled.
Total prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes